Everyone has some form of unwanted hair on their bodies. A little peach fuzz on our faces and prickly hairs on our legs are completely natural- but that doesn’t mean we can’t remove them if we want to. While I’m all for a good spa waxing every now and then, sometimes it’s just not in the budget. Well, we’re not called BodyHacks for nothing- today we’re sharing with you 3 ways to remove unwanted hair naturally and AT HOME.
To naturally remove facial hair
- Combine 1 tablespoon of honey with 1/2 a tablespoon of oats and a couple drops of fresh lemon juice.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Apply the mixture all over your face, focusing mostly on areas with the most hair.
- Rinse off the mask after approximately 15 minutes.
- Repeat a couple times a week for about a month to completely remove any unwanted hair.
To scrub it away
- Mix together 1 tablespoon of coffee grounds, 1 tablespoon of baking soda, and 3 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Make sure the mixture is fully combined.
- Apply the mixture to your legs/arms/etc. and massage into your skin.
- Rinse and repeat once every two weeks to remove hair.
To wax it off
- Combine 1 cup of granulated sugar, 4 tablespoons of lemon juice, and 4 tablespoons of water.
- Mix throughly and place the mixture in a large pot.
- Boil the mixture over the stove at medium heat stirring constantly.
- The mixture should become a caramel color when it’s finished.
- Remove the wax from the pot and place in a container.
- Allow the wax to cool for a few minutes.
- Use a knife to collect and apply wax- be sure to test the temperature on your finger before applying it to your body. The wax should be tacky and thick.
- Apply the wax in the opposite direction of your hair growth.
- Peel up the end of the wax so you have something to grab onto before you begin pulling off the wax.
- Rip off the wax in the same direction of your hair growth (the opposite way you applied the wax.)
- Apply pressure with your fingers to the area you just waxed to reduce pain and swelling.
- You may use the same piece of wax or get new product from the container.
- Repeat. Work in small sections and continue until all of your hair is removed.
- Apply aloe vera on your skin after your sugar waxing to further reduce pain and swelling.
- Always make sure that you exfoliate and thoroughly cleanse your skin before you wax to prevent infection and to best remove the hair.
* Discontinue use of hair removal products if you experience any irritation.