Achieving healthy hair is a feat on it’s own, but obtaining healthy LONG hair brings about a whole other level of gratification.
Here are 5 tips to achieve long and healthy hair naturally.
- While it may seem strange to get more frequent hair cuts when the goal is to achieve longer hair- getting frequent trims will help to stop breakage which will end up taking off more of your hair than a trim will.
- Nourish your body from the inside out. Consuming healthy foods that contain a lot of protein can help significantly with the overall health of your skin and hair, therefore allowing it to grow longer.
- Avoid using heat styling tools. Hot tools used to straighten/dry/curl hair are very damaging and can result in breakage and split ends. By limiting the amount of times you’re using these hot tools per week you’re limiting the amount of extra damage that’s being done to your hair. When your hair becomes stronger and healthier it will grow longer and the ends won’t be as likely to break off.
- Limit the usage of shampoo. Letting your natural oils sit in your hair can be greatly beneficial to it’s overall health. Hair needs to be moisturized in order to stay healthy and the natural oils that our bodies produce do the best job of keeping our hair healthy. Try to only shampoo your hair twice a week for best results.
- Use a silk pillowcase. Regular pillow cases can tug at our hair creating breakage and split ends. When you use a silk pillowcase, your head and hair will glide across the pillowcase instead of creating friction and breakage.