If you’ve ever had a sunburn, you know how painful they can be! As much as we try to avoid getting too much sun, and as much sunscreen as we apply, sometimes sunburns are inevitable. If you do end up with one of those dreaded sunburns, look to your pantry for healing and pain management!
Here are 3 home remedies to soothe a sunburn.
Apple Cider Vinegar
- Combine 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar with 1 cup of cold water and pour the mixture into a spray bottle.
- Shake the bottle well to make sure that the water and the vinegar are combined.
- Spray the mixture generously over your sunburn and dab any excess into your skin.
- The apple cider vinegar will help to soothe any pain.
- Put a few drops of coconut oil onto your sunburn.
- Rub the coconut oil into your skin and allow it to absorb for at least 30 minutes.
- Coconut Oil will help to heal your skin from the inside out and it will also provide extra moisture so you’re less likely to peel.
- Combine 3 earl grey tea bags to a pitcher of warm water.
- Let the tea bags steep until the water is almost black.
- Allow the water to cool to room temperature and apply it to the skin using a washcloth. Be sure to dab the sunburn so as not to further irritate it.
- Let the tea dry on your skin and apply another layer.
- Leave the tea on your sunburn overnight and shower it off in the morning.
- Repeat as necessary.
- Black Tea helps to heal a sunburn due to the anti-oxidants it contains.