How to Create Your Own Body Bronzing Oil
Skin & Hair December 7, 2022 Tiffany Wood
A good skin care routine is an essential aspect to beauty, but it’s even more important to have a flawless skin care routine down pat for the summer months. We recently published an article all about the topic of summer skin care but mostly focused on just the face, today- we’re sharing with you our little secret for flawless looking skin all over.
This body bronzing oil works in two ways, one is by providing your skin with extra moisture along with a number of skin care benefits from the oil aspect of the mixture, and the other is to create the illusion of perfect looking skin before the benefits of the oil can even sink in to your skin! Think of the body bronzing oil like the saying ‘fake it till you make it.’
To create the body bronzing oil you’ll need just two things- a lightweight oil (like grapeseed oil or sunflower oil) and a bronzing beauty product (like a bronzer or a bronze shimmery eyeshadow.)
1. Smash up your bronzing product, whatever it may be, until it becomes a powder-like substance.
2. Start by combining 1 ounce of your oil of choice with 1/4 tsp of your smashed up bronzing product.
3. Stir the mixture until the oil and powder combine completely.
4. Repeat the process until you have as much product as you need.
5. Transfer the mixture into a container with a lid so you can use the product again and again.
Be sure to shower before bed and to avoid placing the product too close to your clothing as the mixture may transfer to clothes and bedding.
For less color and more shine consider switching to a white pearl/shimmery eyeshadow instead of bronzer!